DC Brews News
- Port City Brewing Company released the third Lager of 2019
- Homebrew competition winners announced!
- Wednesday, 5/8: City Tap in Penn Quarter hosting Singlecut Beersmiths on 4 taps
- Thursday, 5/9: Port City vs Rocket Frog in the Drink Local Throwdown 2019 FINALS
- Thursday, 5/9: Owen’s Ordinary hosts Maine Beer Company
- Thursday, 5/9: The Sovereign features 15 beers from Jester King
- Saturday, 5/11: ChurchKey celebrates their 10th anniversary with 30 rare beers on tap
- Sunday, 5/12: Dirt Farm Brewing and City Tap hosting Mother’s Day Brunch
- Tuesday, 5/14: Tuesday Brewsday at Kramers Bar & Cafe in Dupont Circle
Liz Garibay and Dr. Brian Alberts talk about beer history
In this special episode, Mike Stein sits down with Liz Garibay and Dr. Brian Alberts, two beer historians. Liz specializes in Nineteenth-Century beer and alcohol history and is the Founder and Executive Director of the Chicago Brewseum, a museum that focuses on the history of beer. Brian specializes in the Nineteenth Century brewing industry and German immigrants’ effect on it.
The three discuss common misconceptions that surround the brewing industry and its history; everything from the amount of beer that was consumed in the Nineteenth Century to the Prohibition Era. Additionally, they chat about links between Chicago and the DC area, from a beer perspective – the first president to brew beer while in office was President Obama! As promised, here are the recipes.