DC Craft Beer News and Events
- Boston Beer has acquired Dogfish Head
- SAVOR Week – could it be the last ever?
- Wednesday, 5/15: Gaslight Tavern previewing Ommegang
- Wednesday 5/15: Roofers Union featuring two New England breweries
- Thursday, 5/16: ChurchKey celebrating the week with 5 breweries
- Thursday, 5/16: The Sovereign featuring 35 beers from 6 breweries
- Thursday 5/16: Jack Rose Saloon showcasing 5 breweries with 4 beers each
- Thursday, 5/16: Founders of 2nd Shift Brewing at Lost Dog Cafe
- Thursday, 5/16: Pater Johannes of Benediktiner Brewery visits Hazel on V Street
- Friday, 5/17: SAVOR!!! Lots of events going on all over the DC area
Find all the info about SAVOR weekend at the DC Beer calendar!
Denizens at Riverdale Park Location Opening by End of Month!
The Brew Daddies visit Denizens Brewing Co.’s new Riverdale Park Station location and chat with two of the founders, Jeff Ramirez and Julie Verratti. The Riverdale Park Station location will open later this month with a full liquor license as well as a full kitchen with new menus. The two share how two locations will work together for distribution, and the beers and menus will be the same at both. Jeff explains that with a potential capacity of 7,500+ barrels, the new location will allow Denizens to make their year-round and seasonal blends in larger volumes. Jeff tells the Brew Daddies about some of the challenges that come with working with brand new stainless steel kegs, and jokes about the technological advances that this new location has versus the Silver Springs location. The Denizens Riverdale Park Station location will be opening on May 25, 2019!