There are just over 400 beer and beer-adjacent beverages being served at Snallygaster this year. Let’s have some fun with them.
The average Untappd score of these beers is 4.07/5. Yowza. Last year it was only 4.04. Yeah, take that with a grain of salt, since Allagash White scores a 3.8, (and Great American Beer Festival gold medal winner Optimal Wit is at 3.6) so yes, there’s a bias for hazies, pastry stouts, and fruited sours, but still…
Top 10 IPAs by Untappd ratings:
Get yr whalez on, or The Fidens Post (Brewery, Beer Name, Beer Style, ABV, Festival Location, Untappd)
- Fidens, The Heart of Chaos, Hazy Triple IPA w/ Citra, Nelson Sauvin & Mosaic, 10.00%, Nessie, 4.62
- Fidens, The Poet & The Warrior. Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra, Galaxy, Mosaic & Rakau (Electric Collab.), 8.50%, Nessie, 4.53
- Bissell Brothers, Swish, Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic & Simcoe 8.00%, Jabberwock 4.51 Hey, sometimes you can buy this one in the area, cool!
- North Park, Pseudo-Fu!, Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra, HBC-586 & Peacharine (Toppling Goliath Collab.), 8.50%, Jabberwock, 4.49
- Monkish, Japoolzi, Hazy Triple IPA (Trillium & The Veil Collab.), 10.50%, Gargoyle, 4.44
- Root + Branch, Infiltrator, Hazy IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin, 6.50%, Nessie, 4.44
- Monkish, LGA2LGB, Hazy Triple IPA (Other Half Collab.), 10.00%, Gargoyle, 4.43
- Equilibrium, King AL, Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra (Toppling Goliath Collab.), 7.90%, Gargoyle, 4.41
- Other Half, DDH Vapor Ringz, Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra, Galaxy & Nelson Sauvin, 8.40% Demogorgon, 4.41
- Root + Branch, Grammatical Fiction, Hazy IPA w/ Citra, Comet & Simcoe, 7.00%, Nessie, 4.41 Never thought we’d see Comet in an IPA rated this high. What a trash hop that is.
- The Answer, I Put That Chit In Everything, Hazy IPA w/ Lotus & Citra (Parish Collab.), 7.00%, Jabberwock, 4.38
Top 10 pastry bois by Untappd ratings:
Got a sweet tooth, got a designated driver? (Brewery, Beer Name, Beer Style, ABV, Festival Location, Untappd)
- North Park, NPBC6: VIP Edition, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coconut, Vanilla & Coffee, 12.00%, Jabberwock, 4.7
- The Bruery, Vanilla Villain Reserve, Bourbon & Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla Beans, 17.10%, Cyclops, 4.66 Plus Black Tuesday’s coming soon!
- Monkish, TXXTH, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coconut & Vanilla, 15.00%, Gargoyle, 4.64
- Finback, 8 Year Anniversary: Crimson Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Cocoa Nibs, Chocolate Cereal & Fruity Cereal, 14.10%, Nessie, 4.57
- Perennial, Société du Chêne Blend 2022: Vanuatu, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Vanuatuan Vanilla, 14.10%, Rodan, 4.57 Vanuatu? Fine fine, maybe we’ll try this one.
- The Veil, STARVE: Exhibit E, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla & Maple Syrup, 14.00%, Jabberwock, 4.57
- Jackie O’s, Appervation, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout (Side Project Collab.), 13.50%, Rodan, 4.55
- Timber, Barrel-Aged Lumberjack Style 2022, Double Maple Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Maple Syrup & Coffee, 12.50%, Mothra, 4.54
- Resident Culture, The Impossibility of the Existence of Anything, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Pistachio, Cocoa Butter, Orange Zest & Vanilla, 13.50%, Poseidon, 4.52
- (tie) J. Wakefield, Barrel-Aged Man In The Box Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coconut, Hazelnuts, Coffee & Vanilla (Toppling Goliath Collab.), 14.00%, Jabberwock, 4.48
- Mortalis, As Above So Below, Imperial Stout w/ Coffee, 10.00%, Demogorgon, 4.48
- North Park, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Walnut Brownie Points, Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Walnuts, Cocoa Nibs, Vanilla & Milk Sugar (Equilibrium Collab.), 15.00%, Jabberwock, 4.48
Top 10 funky bunches by Untappd ratings:
I cannot believe you people think these are better than Tilquin, but here goes. (Brewery, Beer Name, Beer Style, ABV, Festival Location, Untappd)
- Mindful, Flower Crush, Wild Ale Blended w/ Skin Contact Piquette Wine, 5.00%, Nessie, 4.7
- Floodland, Collins Family 2021, Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Plums & Pluots, 6.50%, Jabberwock, 4.56
- Floodland, 2021 CFO2, Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Pluots & Apriums, 6.20%, Jabberwock, 4.5
- Sante Adairius ,West Ashley, Pinot Noir Barrel-Aged Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Apricots, 7.30%, Gargoyle, 4.5
- Homes, BA Coolship Kriek, Cherry Liqueur Barrel-Aged Wild Ale w/ Stevnsbær Cherries & Champagne Yeast, 7.90%, Rodan, 4.45
- Floodland, MMXXI Rhône, Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Grenache & Marsanne Wine Grape Pomace, 8.50%, Jabberwock, 4.43
- 3 Fonteinen, Zenne Y Frontera 2018/2019, Sherry Barrel-Aged Lambic, 6.70%, Rodan, 4.41 See, that’s more like it!
- Cantillon, Fou’ Foune 2021, Fruit Lambic w/ Bergeron & Italian Apricots, 6.00%, Poseidon, 4.4
- Floodland, New Paths Through Old Darkness 2021, Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Raw Honey, 5.70%, Jabberwock, 4.39
- Allagash, Coolship Ruby Wild Ale w/ Rhubarb & Cranberry (Spontaneous). 6.00%, Mothra, 4.38
Top 10 locals by untappd rating:
Fine, fine, we’ll do this, too.
- Aslin, Harrisonburg, Rye Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Marshmallow, Peanut Butter, Cocoa Nibs & Graham Crackers, 16.50%, Demogorgon, 4.43
- Crooked Crab, Basil Hayden’s Barrel-Aged Clash of Kings 2022, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Thai Banana, Vanilla, Cocoa Nibs & Coconut, 12.00%, Medusa, 4.37
- Wheatland Spring, Violetta, Barrel-Aged Saison w/ Estate-Grown Barley, 6.00%, Demogorgon, 4.32 We do love to see it!
- Other Half, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Banana Running Club, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Banana, Cocoa Nibs & Milk Sugar, 11.00%, Demogorgon, 4.31
- Sapwood Cellars, Snip Snap, Hazy Double IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy, 8.30%, Medusa, 4.3
- Juicy, Opaque: GMC, Hazy IPA w/ Galaxy, Motueka & Citra, 6.00%, Rodan, 4.3
- Ocelot, Big Cat, Hazy Double IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin, Citra & Galaxy (The Veil Collab.), 9.00%, Demogorgon, 4.28
- Wheatland Spring, Field + Vine 2021, Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Petit Manseng & Cabernet Franc Wine Grapes , 7.20%, Demogorgon, 4.28
- Fair Winds, Double Barrel Ghost of the Mariner, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, 10.30%, Mothra, 4.26 This beer is so underrated
- Elder Pine, Double Oaked The Sun’s Gone Dim & The Sky’s Turned Black, Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Baltic Porter, 10.00%, Rodan, 4.24