We’re sure you’ve all been growing your mustaches diligently as part of Movember. You probably remember our post from the beginning of the month detailing all of the DC Movember festivities and previewing a fundraiser to cap it all off at Meridian Pint on November 29!
Here’s all the details!
Team DC MO will host a Movember fundraiser raffle and mustache contest at Meridian Pint, sponsored by Flying Dog, on November 29th. Movember is about raising awareness for men’s health issues, especially prostate cancer, and fundraising efforts benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Livestrong.
This fundraiser will feature a mustache contest for categories such a “Man of Movember”, which will receive a $25 Gift Card to Dawson’s Liquor and a special bottle from Dawson’s private cellar! Attendees can enter into other categories such as “Miss Movember”, “Best MO in Character”, “Team MO BRO”, “Ultimate Mo” and “Mo Bro and Mo Sista” which will also have prizes for the winners.. Another category “Lame MO” will have some stiff competition! Judges for the mustache contest include Brandon from DC Brau, Tommy from Flying Dog, Tim from Meridian Pint, and J from Dawson’s Liquors.
The “main event” for this fundraiser will feature a raffle contest for some amazing prizes from many local businesses.
• $50 Gift Card to Meridian Pint
• $50 Gift Card to Smoke & Barrel
• $50 Gift Card to The Heights
• Sweatshirt and T-shirt from DC Brau
• 2 Tickets to “Elephant Room” at Arena Stage
• Private Tour and Free Wine Tasting for 8 people + 10% off bottles of wine from Rappahannock Cellars
• $75 Gift Certificate to Hudson Restaurant and Lounge
• $75 Gift Certificate to Lincoln Restaurant
• 2 Tickets to “Lethal Peanut “ at Rock N Roll Hotel on 1/27
• $25 Off at The Grooming Lounge.com
Raffle tickets can be purchased during the event.
According to Flying Dog DC representative Tommy Hunter, the list of Gonzo goodies for tomorrow night includes: “Horn Dog Barleywine, Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout on cask and draft, Barrel-Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter, Doggie Style Pale Ale, Snake Dog IPA, the last keg of The FEAR Pumpkin Ale, and four bottles of the first batch of In de Wildeman.”