SAVORTM: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience will return to Washington D.C. on May 17 for the twelfth year. Presented by the Brewers Association (BA), SAVOR marries independent craft beer with small bites to create an unforgettable dining experience for beer lovers and foodies alike. Unlike in previous years, SAVOR 2019 will be one night only.
The event will offer up more than 180 beers from over 90 small and independent craft breweries (and see below)—one-third of which are participating for the first-time—representing craft breweries of all sizes from 34 states plus Washington D.C.
The DC metro area’s beer scene will be represented by Atlas Brew Works, DC Brau, Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, Pale Fire Brewing Company, Port City Brewing Company, and Right Proper Brewing Company. Baltimore’s Union Craft Brewery will also be in attendance.
The one-of-a-kind pairing menu will be crafted by Brewers Association executive chef, Adam Dulye, in collaboration with a host of noted chefs, Cicerones® and purveyors.
As in previous years, the event will return to the National Building Museum. BA and American Homebrewers Association presale opens up on Tuesday, February 26 at noon. Tickets for the public open up on Wednesday, February 27 at noon. Tickets are $135 for general admission and $175 for the VIP experience.
- Craft beer and small-plate pairings highlighting the interplay of beer and food
- Meet and talk with the owners/brewers of participating breweries
- Event program with room for tasting notes
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages
- Commemorative tasting glass
- An exclusive collaboration beer
The VIP experience also includes:
- Early entry to SAVOR – 30 minutes before doors
- Welcome specialty beer and food pairing
- Early access to talk to chefs and brewery owners
- Access to VIP tables throughout evening
Although SAVOR ticket sales have been slow in recent years, expect them to go quicker this year given that the event is one night only. 2012 is here again.
Stay tuned for our typical SAVOR coverage, including our SAVOR Week calendar, brewery profiles, power rankings, and more.