From time to time, we hear about open brewery positions in the area and we pass them on to you, loyal readers who no doubt spend 30-55 percent of your time thinking about what it would be like if you went full-on Office Space and "did beer" for a living. Here's one of those positions. Silver Spring's Astro Lab Brewing is seeking a Tap Room and Retail Manager. Here's the description:
Astro Lab Brewing is seeking a highly talented and passionate individual to manage our Taproom & Retail operation. This position plays a key role in developing an outstanding service culture and a place with a team of people who love to come to work. This position reports directly to the Founders and will supervise a minimum of 10 team members.
The IDEAL Candidate:
- • Has a strong passion for and a keen sense of the craft beer industry, its fan culture and their expectations.
- • Has a minimum of 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience in the hospitality industry.
- • Employs strong leadership skills that drive an effective and motivated team.
- • Is a strategic thinker and is proactive in identifying issues and solving challenges.
- • Is extremely organized, detail oriented, and has strong follow through with tasks.
- • Displays solid time management, discerning prioritization skills, and is self-motivated.
- • Possesses excellent communication skills, is fair, honest, and hard-working
We are looking for a candidate that is motivated to grow and succeed with a start-up brewery with big plans. Strong candidates will embody our company culture, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be motivated to grow with and grow a new brand.
If you’re excited to join our team and this sounds like your ideal job send your resume and a cover letter telling us why to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to read more about Astro Lab Brewing? Here's Tony Budny's piece on them from earlier this year. Good luck to all of the applicants!