In August, we brought you the news about The Bruery opening a store in Union Market, the brewery's first location outside of California. Now we're bringing you the news that on Friday, January 19, The Bruery Store at Union Market in Washington, D.C. will celebrate its grand opening. There will be special in-store giveaways and experiences and two special events in DC associated with the milestone.
The Bruery Store at Union Market will provide Society members with the ability to pick up online purchases of exclusive beers in-store, plus onsite sales of specialty beer, merchandise, and gifts for fans of The Bruery in (and visiting) DC.
“The concept of creating a central location for fans along the East Coast to get their hands on our beer has been several years in planning,” said founder and CEO, Patrick Rue in a press release. “But it’s more than just beer. The Bruery Store at Union Market is a marker and invitation to the community to come enjoy a more intimate experience with our brand. I couldn’t be prouder to open our doors on the East Coast and welcome new fans as we celebrate our brewery’s 10th year.”
The Bruery Store at Union Market will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays, from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Starting at 11:00 AM on January 19,
- The first 100 shoppers (no purchase necessary) on Jan. 19 will be gifted a limited edition, commemorative t-shirt and receive a three-bottle set of beer.
- The second 100 shoppers (no purchase necessary) on Jan. 19 will be gifted two bottles of beer.
- On Jan. 19, attendees who sign up to become a Preservation Society member will receive a free bottle of beer.
- Current Hoarders Society, Reserve Society and Preservation Society members will receive a free bottle of beer with any purchase during opening weekend.
- One lucky shopper on January 19 will win a 2018 Reserve Society membership raffle (no purchase necessary). A membership includes over $370 value in included beer and merchandise, plus access to purchase the brewery’s most limited releases – at a 15% discount – online and in-store.
- A meet-and-greet with The Bruery Founder, Patrick Rue – one of just 16 individuals to earn the title of Master Cicerone®.
- Onsite sales of Black Tuesday 2017 (limit 3 bottles per person, while supplies last.)
- Visitors will be able to join the Offshoot Beer Co. Interest List and gain access to the latest fresh, juicy, hop-forward and canned releases from the offshoot of The Bruery.
- Onsite bottle sales of popular and special releases from The Bruery, Bruery Terreux and Offshoot Beer Co. will be featured throughout opening week.
Note that a valid ID with proof of age 21+ will be required to be eligible to receive any gift.
Future plans for the store include rotating taps for crowler/growler fills.
Additionally, two other events will take place around the store's opening:
- Thursday, January 18 | An Evening with Patrick Rue and The Bruery | The Sovereign | 5:00 PM
- Friday, January 19 | Grand Opening After Party | Anxo Cidery and Pintxos Bar