So in case you're living under a rock – or missed our live-tweeting of the awards ceremony – there were some big Great American Beer Festival wins for the DMV region, none bigger than Port City taking home Small Brewery of the Year. These guys do it right, and the judges, in their infinite wisdom, chose to bestow the honor on the Alexandria brewery. Big heaping piles of congratulations to the team for that win.
As for beer medals, Virginia took home nine, Maryland snagged one, and DC went without this year. The regional breakdown is below, but over the next few days, we'll tinker with the stats to see what other insights we can tease out. And look for our thoughts on the GABF experience in the near future. For now, thanks to all the DMV breweries for doing the region proud and thanks to the Brewers Association for putting on another great GABF.
- Brothers Craft Brewing, Harrisonburg: Mild, English-style Mild Ale
- Champion Brewing Company, Charlottesville: Shower Beer, Bohemian-style Pilsener
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company-Outpost, Lexington: Vienna Lager, Vienna-style Lager
- Fair Winds Brewing Company, Lorton: Siren's Lure, French- and Belgian-style Saison
- Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, Goochland: Heir Apparent, Chili Beer
- Port City Brewing Company, Alexandria: Monumental, English-style India Pale Ale
- Port City Brewing Company, Alexandria: Porter, Robust Porter
- Pale Fire Brewing Company, Harrisonburg: Salad Days American Saison, American-Belgo-style Ale
- Port City Brewing Company, Alexandria: Optimal Wit, Belgian-style Witbier
- Jailbreak Brewing Company, Laurel: Van Dammit, Belgian-style Strong Specialty Ale