It's no secret that beers with a sour flavor profile are super popular these days, and Denizens Brewing Company wants to highlight a whole bunch of local takes on these styles all at once. On Saturday, October 3 from 1-5pm, they'll host their first annual Make It Funky Festival. The festival will allow beer fans from all over the DMV (and beyond!) to sample over 40 sour and funky beers from about 20 breweries.
While beer drinkers are getting their fill of the best beverage around, they can also enjoy food truck fare (from Dirty South Deli, Go Fish, and more), funk music, and the fall season in Denizens’ beer garden.
Tickets are $50, which includes unlimited samples. Tickets are on sale now and are in limited supply.
- 3 Stars Brewing Company (Washington, DC)
- Baying Hound Aleworks (Rockville, MD)
- Bluejacket (Washington, DC)
- Coppertail Brewing Co. (Tampa, FL)
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project (Denver, CO)
- Denizens Brewing Co. (Silver Spring, MD)
- Franklins Brewery (Hyattsville, MD)
- Gorden Biersch (Rockville, MD)
- Hellbender Brewing Company (Washington, DC)
- Iron Hill Brewery (Philadelphia, PA)
- Lost Rhino Brewing Company (Ashburn, VA)
- Mad Fox Brewing Company (Falls Church, VA)
- McKenzies Brew House (PA)
- Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery (Boulder, CO)
- Ocelot Brewing Company (Dulles, VA)
- Old Ox Brewery (Ashburn, VA)
- Right Proper Brewing Company (Washington, DC)
- The Brewer's Art (Baltimore, MD)
- Union Craft Brewing (Baltimore, MD)
Denizens is located at 1115 East-West Highway in Silver Spring, MD. It's easily accessible via Metro, bus, or car.