The DCBW Daily Report offers all of the information you need to have the best DC Beer Week 2015! DCBW 2015 runs from August 9-16. Find more information at www.dcbeerweek.net!
Welcome to the seventh day of DC Beer Week 2015! Check out the great events going on today!
TODAY’S MARQUEE EVENT!
“Noch ein Bier bitte!” Remember that phrase. It means “Another beer, please!” and you will feel the need to employ it today when Devils Backbone takes over Sauf Haus Bier Hall during their “Deutschland in Dupont” marquee event! It’s no secret that Devils Backbone has a huge (and highly decorated) portfolio of beer, which is why it’s fairly impressive that this event will feature solely their German-style offerings…more than 10 of them! Take a little trip through Bavaria and grab a Vienna Lager or Ur-Pils to go with Sauf Haus’ tasty pretzels or Bauernswurst sausage! No tickets are required, just pay as you go. Prost!
TODAY’S EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
One of DC Beer Week's aims is to educate people about great beer and expand their knowledge. With that in mind, we have a full slate of interesting, interactive, and exciting education events that you should definitely check out!
DC Homebrewers Homebrew Demo at Meridian Pint – 3pm – So you’re pretty good at drinking beer, but how are you at making it? Here’s your chance to learn. Using ingredients generously donated by the DC Homebrew Shop, the DC Homebrewers will demonstrate how to make a delicious ale or lager in the comfort of your very own home. And you get to follow along, pint in hand, on Meridian Pint’s patio. Perfect for novices and advanced brewers alike. No reservations required, food and beers sold a la carte.
OTHER GREAT EVENTS TODAY
- 10:45am: @PortCityBrew Pedals 'N' Pints – The August Short Ride
- 11:00am: @GLBCinDC Babes and Brews Brunch at @ThBlackSquirrel
- 11:00am: Grand Opening of @BluejacketDC's Bottle Shop & Tasting Room + More!
- 12:00pm: Devils Backbone's "Deutschland in Dupont" at Sauf Haus Bier Hall
- 12:00pm: Bikes & Brews Ride w/ @GlensGardenMkt, @HellbenderBeer & @AtlasBrewWorks
- 1:00pm: @FoundersBrewing Takeover @eatyourpizza Georgetown
- 4:00pm: Peter, Peter Pumpkin Drinker at @ThBlackSquirrel
- 4:00pm: @WunderGartenDC's Battle of the Beers: US-Germany
- 5:00pm: @SmuttynoseBeer Tap Takeover at @DCBarrel
- 5:00pm: Exclusive Brewer's Tour & Tasting at @PortCityBrew
- 6:00pm: @3StarsBrewing & @DogfishBeer at @BierBaronDC
- 8:00pm: @OldEbbitt Grill's 3rd Annual Craft BrewHaHa
There are a number of ways to keep track of all of the latest news and updates related to DC Beer Week. Be sure to follow along via Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! Use the hash tag #dcbw2015 in your postings and pictures, and you could see them shared with the whole beer scene!
CHEERS AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF DC BEER WEEK!
DC Beer Week is designed to educate and entertain beer lovers at all levels, from casual consumers to draft list devotees. We hope you have a great week and invite you to bring friends and acquaintances, especially those unfamiliar with beer, to an event this week!