The DCBW Daily Report offers all of the information you need to have the best DC Beer Week 2015! DCBW 2015 runs from August 9-16. Find more information at www.dcbeerweek.net!
Welcome to the sixth day of DC Beer Week 2015! Check out the great events going on today!
TODAY’S MARQUEE EVENT!
Time to say TGIF during DCBW! Tonight, during the DC Beer Week Takeover at High Velocity at the Washington Marriott Marquis, join a number of top tier breweries for a tap takeover filled with great beers. Join Atlas Brew Works, Heavy Seas, Hardywood, Sam Adams, 21st Amendment, Schlafly, Flying Dog, and North Coast! Explore both flagships and rarities in High Velocity's sleek, modern atmosphere, and unwind before the weekend! No tickets required, just pay as you go!
TODAY’S EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
One of DC Beer Week's aims is to educate people about great beer and expand their knowledge. With that in mind, we have a full slate of interesting, interactive, and exciting education events that you should definitely check out!
Growing Up Heurich with Jan Evans Houser at the Heurich House Museum – 2:30-4pm – The Heurich House Museum offers a unique perspective of its Dupont Circle mansion and historic inhabitants during “Growing Up Heurich,” an afternoon event with Christian and Amelia Heurich’s granddaughter, Jan Evans Houser. Mrs. Houser will join Assistant Director Rachel Jerome for a guided tour of the museum followed immediately by a question and answer session hosted by Mrs. Houser. Light refreshments will be served. Space is limited; reserve a spot at www.heurichhouse.org. Ticket Price: $10
3rd Annual Blind & Bitter at Scion Restaurant and Crios Modern Mexican – 5pm-Close – DCBeer.com, Scion Restaurant, and Crios Modern Mexican continue their DC Beer Week tradition. This afternoon, they’ll serve 25 different IPAs and DIPAs completely blind! Guests will receive a free prize with every vote, while supplies last. This is a great opportunity to learn about different hops, and materials will be provided to better educate about this key beer ingredient.
OTHER GREAT EVENTS TODAY
- 11:30am: @CIRCABistros Dupont #DCBW2015 Draft Specials
- 4:00pm: @SamuelAdamsBeer Takeover at @BlaguardDC
- 4:00pm: The @BPBrewing Extravaganza at @ChurchKeyDC
- 5:00pm: Here’s a Salute to Michigan at @ThBlackSquirrel
- 5:00pm: @DBBrewingCo 24-Beer Tap Takeover at Meridian Pint
- 5:00pm: Lou's Locals at @louscitybar
- 5:00pm: @Sixpoint & @OliverAle meet @BierBaronDC #DCBW2015
- 5:00pm: @Boulevard_Beer/@OmmegangDC “Big Ole’ Boulegang Happy Hour” at @JackRoseinDC
- 5:00pm: @PortCityBrew Happy Hour @ CourthausSocial
- 5:30pm: Most Local #DCBW Takeover @GlensGardenMkt w/ @PortCityBrew
- 5:30pm: Saison Cheese Pairing at @gbdc9thst
- 6:00pm: #DCBW2015 Eastern Shore Fundraiser at @VentnorSports Cafe
- 6:00pm: @dcbrau, @atlasbrewworks & @mollymalonesdc Bottoms Up to Down ALS
- 6:30pm: Brewer's Tour + Live Music at @PortCityBrew
There are a number of ways to keep track of all of the latest news and updates related to DC Beer Week. Be sure to follow along via Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! Use the hash tag #dcbw2015 in your postings and pictures, and you could see them shared with the whole beer scene!
CHEERS AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF DC BEER WEEK!
DC Beer Week is designed to educate and entertain beer lovers at all levels, from casual consumers to draft list devotees. We hope you have a great week and invite you to bring friends and acquaintances, especially those unfamiliar with beer, to an event this week!