The DCBW Daily Report offers all of the information you need to have the best DC Beer Week 2015! DCBW 2015 runs from August 9-16. Find more information at www.dcbeerweek.net!
Welcome to the fourth day of DC Beer Week 2015! Check out the great events going on today!
TODAY’S MARQUEE EVENT!
RFD’s 3rd Annual Coast to Coast Tap Takeover features tonight starting at 3pm! Breweries from regions across the country will take over all 45 of RFD’s draft lines! The back room will be the place to be to meet and mingle with hometown heroes because this space will feature local breweries. Reps from breweries from all of the regions will be in attendance to educate beer lovers and chat about beer. The kitchen will provide all night dinner features from the different regions. That not enough? This year, the Coast-to-Coast Tap Takeover will also feature live music from Free Lobster Buffet!
All beers from the 45 draft lines will be $5 all night. A $5 cover charge will see all proceeds go to St. Jude's Children's Hospital!
TODAY’S EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
One of DC Beer Week's aims is to educate people about great beer and expand their knowledge. With that in mind, we have a full slate of interesting, interactive, and exciting education events that you should definitely check out!
Earn Your Beer PhD at the Wilson House – 5:30-7pm – Join a who’s who of local beer educators (Peter Jones and Mike Stein of Lost Lagers; Capital Beer author Garrett Peck; and Woodrow Wilson House executive director Bob Enholmat) at the Woodrow Wilson House to chat about DC’s brewing past and present, Prohibition, and President Wilson’s legacy through games and quizzes while winning door prizes! Tickets are $15 and include two beers and snacks. Additional beer can be purchased for $5.
Brewery Q&A at City Tap House – 6-7:30pm – Always had a question for the folks who make your beer? Get it answered tonight as Mike McGarvey (3 Stars), Justin Cox (Atlas Brew Works), Jeff Hancock (DC Brau), Josh Chapman (Bluejacket), Jim Bauckman (Monocacy Brewing), and Patrick Mullane (Hellbender) will be on hand to answer all the burning questions you’ve been dying to ask. No tickets necessary, eat and drink a la carte.
OTHER GREAT EVENTS TODAY
- All Week – @DCBrewersGuild Beer Passport: Shaw
- All Week – @HeritageBrews Tap Takeover at @MaconBistro
- All Week – @DBBrewingCo Limited Releases at @MaddysTap at Maddy's Tap Room
- All Week – The Week Gose On! at @RoofersUnionDC
- 11:30am – @CIRCABistros Dupont #DCBW2015 Draft Specials
- 3:00pm – RFD's 3rd Annual Coast to Coast Tap Takeover
- 4:00pm – @SamuelAdamsBeer Takeover at @BlackfinnDC
- 4:00pm – Alpine / @GreenFlashBeer Showcase @ChurchKeyDC
- 5:00pm – @VictoryBeer #RadlerRiot at @eatyourpizza Dupont
- 5:00pm – A Summer Shout-Out to Stouts at @ThBlackSquirrel
- 5:00pm – Lou's Locals at @louscitybar
- 5:00pm – #DCBW2015 @Sixpoint on the Hill at @UnionPub
- 5:00pm – @DBBrewingCo Beer & Bourbon Pairing @JackRoseinDC #DCBW2015
- 5:00pm – Battle of the Borders at @wobarlingtonva #DCBW2015
- 5:00pm – Wing-Off Wednesday at @PortCityBrew
- 5:30pm – 3rd Annual Baltimore Brewers Showcase @GlensGardenMkt
- 5:30pm – Earn Your Beer PhD at @WWilsonHouse #DCBW2015
- 6:00pm – @BlackJackDC Presents @BrewersArt @DCDistillers Collab
- 6:00pm – #DCBEERBATTLE for Charity at @RoofersUnionDC
- 6:00pm – @TroegsBeer Scratch Night at @RusticoBallston
- 6:00pm – St Bernardus Draft Review at @RusticoSlaters
- 6:00pm – @HeritageBrews Takeover & Bubble Soccer @PennSocialDC
- 6:00pm – Brewers, Bakers & Trouble Makers @GBDChixNDonuts
- 6:00pm – #DCBW2015 DC Brewery Q&A Panel at @TapHouseDC
- 6:30pm – Belgian Beer Dinner at @gbnavyyardbrew #DCBW2015
- 7:00pm – East Coast-West Coast Showdown at @AtomicBilliards
There are a number of ways to keep track of all of the latest news and updates related to DC Beer Week. Be sure to follow along via Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! Use the hash tag #dcbw2015 in your postings and pictures, and you could see them shared with the whole beer scene!
CHEERS AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF DC BEER WEEK!
DC Beer Week is designed to educate and entertain beer lovers at all levels, from casual consumers to draft list devotees. We hope you have a great week and invite you to bring friends and acquaintances, especially those unfamiliar with beer, to an event this week!