This feels appropriate this morning.
Thanks to everyone who came out last night for Scion's Blind and Boozy event. It was a real doozy of an evening. Big, big thanks to all of the breweries who pulled out all the stops to bring us 15 delicious (and high gravity) offerings. They could've brought any ole 12 percent bulldozer, but they brought some really tasty selections from their impressive portfolios.
Per usual after these events, we want to reveal what the beers are in case you didn't get a chance to stay until the end of the night (or did stay until the end of the night but don't remember doing so).
The top three vote-getters last night (and you're all winners in my heart, of course) were:
- First Place – Union Brewing Company – Chessie (Barleywine, 9.8%)
- Second Place – Boulevard Brewing Company – Imperial Stout (11.8%)
- Third Place – Great Lakes Brewing Company – Blackout Stout (9%)
The full list of beers is here. The beers are numbered by the draft number from last night.
- Schlafly Oak Aged Barleywine (10.2%)
- 3 Stars Madness (12.4%)
- Allagash James Bean (11%)
- Great Lakes Blackout Stout (9%)
- Founders Imperial Stout (10.5%)
- Union Chessie (9.8%)
- Lagunitas Scarecity 2 (10.2%)
- Flying Dog Horn Dog (10.2%)
- Port City Colossal One (9.5%)
- Evolution Prelude Black (9.5%)
- Shmalty Jewbelation 17 (17%)
- Left Hand Oak Aged Wake Up (10.2%)
- Oskar Blues Ten Fidy (10.5%)
- Boulevard Imperial Stout (11.8%)
- DC Brau Ghouls Night Out (10.5%)
What a list of beers. Thanks again to everyone who made the event a success. We'll see you at DC Beer Week for Blind and Bitter, Volume III!