There's going to be candy tonight, and there's beer erry night. Thus, why not put them together? The staff of DCBeer came up with the following beer pairings:
Chocolate and dark beer
- Porter and Snickers
- Milk Stout and malted milk balls
- Oskar Blues Ten Fiddy and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Bruery Chocosaurus Rye and Mounds
- Maui Coconut Porter and Almond Joy
- Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Porter and Krackle
- Denver Brewing Graham Cracker Porter and Charleston Chews
- Bell's Black Note or Expedition Stout / Flying Dog Mint Chocolate Stout with York Peppermint Pattys
Chocolate and brown/amber beer
- Sierra Nevada Tumblr and Kit Kats
- Old Speckled Hen and Twix
Candy and golden/yellow beer
- Stillwater Stateside Saison and Airheads White Mystery
- Dogfish Head Midas Touch and Grape Laffy Taffy
- Allagash Interlude and Hot Tamales
- 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon and Skittles
- Kriek or framboise and chocolate truffles
- Dogfish Head Festina Peche / Perennial Peach Berliner Weisse and Skittles
- Marzen and Payday
Or, you could just drink a DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter or a Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout. Those beers already taste like beer and candy.
Cheers, and be safe out there tonight.
Have any favorite beer and candy pairings? Let us know below, or tweet us!
Image from flickr user uncleboatshoes.