It can be expensive to be a craft beer fan in DC. With such a huge selection of great beers to drink, trying everything that looks tasty can quickly leave you with moths, rather than cold hard cash, in your wallet. Luckily, some of DC's best craft beer programs have great happy hours that will allow you to get awesome beers at much lower prices than usual. We've laid out some happy hours that hit the sweet spot between good deals and good beers here. These are just for DC venues, but in a future post we'll let you know about some spots over the river where you can find deals. In the meantime, our friends over at DrinkDC keep a much more complete library of drink specials and happy hours than we do, so check them out as well!
Anything we left out? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Monday to Friday, the GBD team selects one beer each at the $3, $4, and $5 price points. Some of DC's most ridiculous deals can often be found here. For example, we've seen $5 DC Brau On the Wings of Armageddon and De Struise beers and $4 The Bruery Tart of Darkness. For the non-beer lover in your life, they also have deals on stiff punches and wine. Check Twitter daily to see what the specials of the day are. Admittedly the three beers a day is a bit of a limitation, but the opportunity for home run deals on any given beer can't be passed up.
Well, if the above wasn't enough for you, here's a quick rundown of some other venues with happy hours that include craft beer. The beer selections may or may not be as wide here, but there are deals to be had, so check these spots out too if you're nearby!
- Argonaut – 1433 H Street NE – 1/2 price draft beers Monday to Friday from 5-7p
- Beau Thai – 1700 New Jersey Avenue NW – Half off bottles and drafts from 5-7p on Monday-Friday
- Bier Baron – 1523 22nd Street NW – Monday to Friday from 4-7p, $10 burger and beer combo, $1 off all drafts
- Biergarten Haus – 1355 H Street NE – $5 select beers from 4-7p Monday-Friday
- Breadsoda – 2233 Wisconsin Avenue NW – $4 select beers from 4-7p Monday-Friday
- DC Reynolds – 3628 Georgia Avenue NW – Buy one, get one 5-9p Monday to Friday
- DC9 – 1940 9th Street NW – $3 beer of the week, Monday to Friday from 5-8p
- Fado – 808 7th Street NW – $5 local drafts from 4-7p Monday-Friday. Late night specials also available.
- Glen's Garden Market – 2001 S Street NW – $4 pints, all day, everyday. All local selection
- Kramerbooks – 1517 Connecticut Avenue NW – $5 drafts, 4-7p, every day, bar only
- Maddy's Tap Room – 1100 13th Street NW – $2 off drafts from 3:30-7p Monday-Friday. On Thursdays, local beers are $4.
- Maple – 3418 11th Street NW – $1 off drafts Tuesday to Friday 5-7p
- Mellow Mushroom – 2436 18th Street NW – $2 off select drafts from 3-7p and 10p-1a Monday to Friday
- Policy – 1904 14th Street NW – $5 crafts Monday to Friday. Monday 5p-1a, Tuesday to Friday 5p-8p, Saturday 5-7p
- Saint-Ex – 1847 14th Street NW – $2 off drafts Tuesday-Friday 6-10p
- Whole Foods P Street – 1440 P Street NW – $4 pints during happy hour