There are a number of events related to Craft Brewers Conference 2013. Although we have day-by-day line-ups posted, it may also be helpful for attendees and the #DCBrews community to check out what some venues that are going above and beyond will be offering. Here are the events for Adams Morgan's The Black Squirrel. For more of DCBeer's CBC coverage, click here.
Tuesday, March 26
North Carolina Suds Shindig – The Black Squirrel – 7pm
- Aviator Brewing Company: High Voltage Pale Ale (brewed with all NC ingredients), Saison de Aviator, and Hop Rod Red.
- Big Boss Brewing Company: Saucy Pants Saison, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Big Operator Belgian Dark Ale, and High Roller IPA.
- Duck Rabbit Brewing Company: Baltic Porter.
- Foothills Brewing Company: Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout, Seeing Double IPA, and Jade IPA.
- Highland Brewing Company: Devil’s Britches Seasonal IPA and Gaelic Ale.
- Mother Earth Brewing: Silent Night Bourbon-Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, Windowpane Fig & Raisin Dubbel, Dark Cloud Munich Dunkle Lager, Endless River Kolsch.
Brooklyn Brewery Meet & Greet & Pint Glass Give-Away on the Main Floor – The Black Squirrel – 5pm
Meet the crew from Brooklyn Brewery, talk shop and drink beer on Wednesday, March 27. The first 48 folks will get a free Brooklyn pint glass. Beers on tap will include Brewmaster’s Reserve Brooklyn Silver Anniversary Lager Dopplebock and There Will Be Black Ale. Starting at 5:00 p.m.
Firestone Walker Barrelworks & Funkwerks (FW & FW) – The Black Squirrel – 7pm
A night of barrel-aged fun and funk featuring rare and special treats from Colorado and the Central Coast of California on Wednesday, March 27. Meet and greet the brewers.
Rocky Mountain Hops – The Black Squirrel – 5pm
It is going to be a hoppy-fueled, Rocky Mountain time on Thursday (March 28), starting at 7 p.m. Chef Gene Sohn plans to complement the Colorado suds with Oskar Blues Hops and Heifers Farms Braised Short Ribs. Six Colorado breweries will be on tap with rare and special beer, including:
Florida Brews – The Black Squirrel – 7:30pm
This is a rare opportunity to enjoy suds from Cigar City, Swamp Head, Tequesta, and St. Somewhere, four breweries not yet available in the D.C. market, on March 29, a Friday, starting at 5 p.m. As part of the festivities, beer lovers will be able to hob-knob with the brewers in the Tap Room, starting at 7:30 pm. It all comes out to 25 tap lines of rare Florida beer spread over two floors, including The Humidor Series Cedar-Aged Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City, Swamp Head’s Big Nose IPA, Tequesta’s Gnarley Barley APA, and Saison Athene from Saint Somewhere. A complete draft list will be release shortly. Plus, Chef Gene Sohn will prepare homemade alligator hot dogs for the adventurous foodie. Que Vola!