So you like buying organic, cage-free eggs, nine kinds of Swedish cheese, and flax seed-laden granola and craft beer? Well, the Whole Foods Markets at P Street, Tenleytown, and Arlington have some news for you indeed.
This week, Whole Foods P Street is opening up its own in-house craft beer bar. The news comes via Facebook. You'll be able to buy a beer (either a single beer at the counter or a draft) and walk around the store while you do your shopping. Delightful!
Randy Kuczor, P Street's beer buyer, will curate the bar's menu. The opening day menu is projected to look like this:
- RJ Rockers – Gruntled Pumpkin – $5 – 16oz – 7.3%
- Unibroue – Eau Benite – $6 – 10oz – 7.7%
- Brouwerij Riva – Lucifer – $8 – 10oz – 8%
- Dogfish Head – Bitches Brew – $7 – 9%
- Devils Backbone – 1949 Lager – $5 – 16oz – 4.2%
- Epic Brewing Company – Fest Devious – $8 – 16oz – 6.8%
- Devils Backbone – Black Rock Milk Stout – $5 – 16oz – 5.8%
- Epic/DC Brau – Fermentation Without Representation Imperial Pumpkin Porter – $10 – 16oz – 7.9%
But that's not all, similar set-ups can be found at both the Tenleytown and Arlington markets as well. At the Arlington location, the bar "emulates a pub style atmosphere complete with beer, wine, organic coffees and tasty nibbles…The pub offers 100% certified organic coffee, draft beers and wines by the glass. All of the beers are made within a 200 mile range and will rotate based on availability and customer feedback. Here are a few starters including Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Lost Rhino Rhinofest and Port City Derecho Common Ale," according to a press release.