If you’re not already checking out Beerpulse, you should be checking it out every day for all of your national craft beer news (it’s a given that DCBeer holds it down for all of your Washington area news and views)! Beerpulse has had a few local news items recently that we think are worth putting out to you. And awaaaay we go.
– First, per Flying Dog DC rep Tommy Hunter, the Flying Dog Single Hop series will continue on this year. The hops featured will include El Dorado, Chinook, Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Centennial and Galaxy.
– On that (hop) note, El Dorado will be the first hop featured in this year’s single hop series.
– – Fans of bivalves rejoice! Fans of Patrick Swayze mourn! (Double entendre!) It sounds like Flying Dog’s Road Dog Porter will be replaced by Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout. Any fans of Road Dog out there?
– Sounds like DC Brau will be producing 22 oz bombers soon. Assorted brews could include: Penn Quarter Porter, El Hefe Speaks Hefeweizen, and The Stone of Arbroath Scotch Ale. Note that this last beer hasn’t even hit the market yet, so stay tuned for that release soon!
– Lastly, you’ve hit the multimedia portion of the evening. Check out this time lapse video from 3 Stars Brewing. The video shows 3 Stars’ volunteers taking down a heater at the brewery and painting the furnace that the brew kettle will sit on. Looks like they’re getting close to a buildout up there…
Hope you enjoyed this edition of #DCBrews News. We’ll keep you posted with what else we hear on the ground! Cheers!