Now that Christmas has passed and we’re in the middle of Hanukkah, it’s time to turn our attention toward New Year’s Eve. Some folks, your faithful writer included, try to stay away from going out on New Year’s Eve, but there are many of you out there who like to go all out and try to find something fun to do. Luckily there are some options for doing just that this year; here are some that will offer you good craft beer options with which to ring in 2012!
– Black Jack – 1612 14th Street NW – Black Jack, which is part of the newly opened Pearl Dive Oyster Bar, and which is replete with bocce courts, is selling tickets to its New Year’s Eve party through LivingSocial. It’s a steep ticket, $150, but it gets you all-you-can-drink beer, frozen cocktails, and punch in addition to appetizers, hors d’oeurves, and all you can eat oysters. The beer menu is pretty decent, and you can fully explore it while you listen to two DJs spinning all night.
– Bourbon Glover Park – 2348 Wisconsin Avenue NW – Bourbon will be celebrating NYE by letting patrons in without a cover, offering up complimentary hors d’oeurves, and giving out a champagne toast at midnight. Attendees can choose to pay for an open bar from 9pm-1am for $50. Tickets can be purchased here.. Bourbon’s beer list always has lots of tasties, and my suspicion is they’ll be putting on some special beers to ring in the New Year with.
– Jack Rose Dining Saloon – 2007 18th Street NW – Jack Rose has decided to go crazy for New Year’s this year. Bear with me as I try to convey all of this information to you. You may need a beer for this. First, the Saloon (first floor) will be offering up a four course beer dinner for $50; wine, beer, and whiskey flights will be available at this dinner for an additional $30. Seatings for this dinner are at 5 and 7pm. If you’re not interested in the Saloon dinner, upstairs on the rooftop there will be a pig roast from 6-9pm. $35 gets you all you can eat and drink (beer and punch only). You can buy tickets to any or all of these events via EventBrite here.
– Meridian Pint – 3400 11th Street NW – The Pint will be putting up a three course fixed price dinner for $45 (beverages not included). Come in at any time after 7pm and order it, but reservations are recommended. No cover for the bar otherwise, complimentary champagne toast at midnight along with party favors.
– The Reef – 2446 18th Street NW – The Reef isn’t messing around for New Year’s. $60 gets you open bar all night. Tickets are going fast, call them at 202-518-3800 to book reservations!
– Smith Commons – 1245 H Street NE – Smith Commons doesn’t have any beer-related specials for New Year’s Eve, but they will have live music from the Bob Butta Quartet from 7–10pm. They’ll also have complimentary passed hors d’œuvres and a DJ! Smith Commons’ beer menu is, of course, excellent so despite there not being any specials, it doesn’t mean the beer won’t be special. See how I did that? Cut me some slack, it’s Christmas.
– Mad Fox Brewing Company – 444 West Broad Street, Falls Church – For our readers out in the Commonwealth of Virginia, check out NYE at Mad Fox. Certainly one of the best brewpubs in the area as evidenced by their medals at GABF this year. The festivities for New Year’s will include the Tom Principato Band, which will perform from 9pm-12:30am. There will be a full buffet from 10pm-12:30am (menu for it is on the link above). There will also be a complimentary toast and favors at midnight. All this fun for $40!
– Little Miss Whiskey’ Golden Dollar – 1104 H Street NE – Whiskey’s will have two DJs spinning all night. Coincidentally they also have two ticketing options for their NYE event. For $75, you get an open bar limited to rail liquor and the following beers: Dab, Stiegl, Yuengling, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller Lite, Stella, and Amstel Lite. $90 gets you the premium open bar with no limitations. Tickets here. Beer list here.
– Star and Shamrock – 1341 H Street NE – Star and Shamrock is celebrating a send-off to the year 5772 (according to the Jewish calendar)! The Star and Shamrock opens at 11am, and the open bar for New Year’s will start at 9pm! The open bar includes all draft craft beers, well drinks, and house wines, as well as your choice of an appetizer. Complimentary favors, entertainment, and a champagne toast will also be provided. Tickets are $57.72 in advance and $70.00 at the door. Reserve tickets by calling (202)388-3833. Here’s more info via their website. Not interested in the open bar? No problem, S&S will be open for regular business in addition to this offer.
– Pour House – 319 Pennsylvania Avenue SE – The Pour House is offering a “Top of the Hill” VIP package. This includes local speciality cask ales, a buffet, premium rail drinks, house wines, domestic drafts, a midnight champagne toast, music, and party favors $85 until December 28, $95 at the door; the party starts at 9pm. Group discounts are still available.
Anywhere we missed? Let us know in the comments, and I’ll add it to the post. I know there were some events that already sold out. I didn’t include those for obvious reasons.
Not interested in any of these? Where will you be celebrating New Year’s and what will you be doing? What are your favorite New Year’s beers and food recipes?