Sadly, it is almost time to bid DC Beer Week adieu. What an amazing week of craft beer, camaraderie, and another appropriate word starting with “c” it has been. The week will finish out strong with events on Saturday and Sunday! Here are some of the highlights!
– Saturday and Sunday – Trusty’s Beer Brunch – 10am – 1420 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, www.trustysdc.com
Grab some craft beers cans from Avery Brewing, Butternuts Beers and Ales, Oskar Blues Brewery, 21st Amendment Brewing and local favorites DC Brau to finish off DC Beer Week. The outdoor upper deck and bus bar as well as the original Trusty’s level will be open at 10am.
– DC Homebrewers Association Homebrew Competition at Red Palace – 12pm – 1212 H Street NE, www.redpalacedc.com
$10 gets you early admission to Nerd Nite and free access to the DC Beer Week homebrew competition. There will be a DJ and the opportunity to taste beers from homebrewers all across the city. This event will lead right into Nerd Nite.
– Mid-Atlantic Brewery Night at Smith Commons – 5pm – 1245 H Street NE, www.smithcommonsdc.com
Smith Commons will be featuring breweries from a different region of the country for four different nights during DC Beer Week. Saturday will feature breweries from the mid-Atlantic. $5 pints, $15 bombers, and $5 regional themed small food pairings. The brewery list for Saturday includes:
Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales
Evolution Craft Brewing Company
Old Dominion Brewing Company
DC Brau Brewing Co.
3 Stars Brewing Co.
Baying Hound Aleworks
The Brewers Art
Flying Dog Brewery
Heavy Seas Beer
Pratt Street / Oliver Ales
Still Water Artisanal Ales
Duck Rabbit Craft Brewery
Lost Rhino Brewing Co.
Port City Brewing Co.
– Port City Night at the Iron Horse Tap Room – 6pm – 507 7th Street NW, www.ironhorsedc.com
Join the Iron Horse Tap Room and Port City Brewing Company. There will be beer specials and special guests, so stop by to talk beer. The fun starts every night at 6:00 at the Small Bar downstairs and runs as long as the beer does. No reservations necessary.
– Star and Shamrock First Annual Hot Dog Eating Championship – 7pm – 1341 H Street NE, www.starandshamrock.com
Join Star and Shamrock for the first monthly hot dog eating finals contest. Register now for the preliminary heats August 15th, 16th and 17th, at 9pm. Sign up in person at Star and Shamrock. Only $5. to register. Jeremy Cowen will MC and judge the August 16th heat, come meet the Brewmeister! Schmaltz Brewery folks and sideshow will be at the Saturday Final. Prizes for each heat. Grand prize is a tour of Shmaltz Brewing Company’s “World’s Smallest Brewery” in Coney Island NYC, round trip transportation provided. Follow Star and Shamrock for the most current details at www.starandshamrock.com.
– Firkin Spectacular Weekend at RFD – 12pm – 810 7th Street NW, www.lovethebeer.com
In addition to their huge selection of local beers and breweries on draft, they’ll be tapping cask conditioned local favorites all weekend for just $5. Get them while they last!
– High End, High Octane Happy Hour at Union Pub – 5pm – 201 Massachusetts Avenue NE, www.unionpubdc.com
Union Pub is presenting the “High End, High Octane, Happy Hour,” featuring Goose Island Sofie, Old Dominion Millennium, and Starr Hill Double Platinum. These beers will be served in flights for $10.00 a flight.