Ah, Tuesday. Sweet, sudsy, hoppy, malty Tuesday. If you woke up this morning and thought “I’ve had enough craft beer for the week…” I have only “For shame!” to say to you. We’ve still got six days of great events ahead of us! Be sure to check out tonight’s events on our DC Beer Week 2011 events page. Here are some of the highlights of what you’ll find there for this evening!
– At ChurchKey, be sure to check out all kinds of offerings from Heavy Seas. Six casks, including one rare wooden cask, will be pouring a variety of delicious Baltimore brews starting at 4pm. Priced individually by the taster or full pint.
– Can you taste the Victory? You can at the Victory Tap Takeover and Brewer/Owner Meet and Greet at Pizzeria Paradiso at 6pm. Two locations: 3292 M Street NW and 2003 P Street NW. Many rare and obscure Victory beers will be on tap. Meet and greet with Bill Covaleski, co-founder and brewmaster. $3 Victory beers from 5-7pm, $5 Victory beers 7pm-close. The beer list: Braumeister Pils, Scarlet Fire, Kolsch, Mad King Weiss, Festbier, Hop Devil, Hop Wallop, Storm King, Prima Pils, Summer Love, Yakima Glory, Golden Monkey
– If you love homebrew, be sure to swing by Meridian Pint’s Homebrewer Matchup IV tonight. A bunch of homebrewers will have their beers out for sampling from 6-8pm. Word on the street is there is a Chocolate Chili Milk Stout ripe for the trying. Seems worth it just for that beer…
– If you love rye, you’ll love the Rye Beer and Spirits with Jack Rose and 3 Stars Brewing event tonight.
Come for a flight of rye whiskeys hand-picked by the indomitable Jack Rose team. Then stay and drink the B.W. Rye from 3 Stars Brewing Company! Meet the brewers and enjoy a guided tasting highlighting flavor profiles and key characteristics of this spicy and flavorful grain which is in so many great beers and whiskeys. Here are the whiskeys: Abraham Bowman Rye from VA, High West Rendezvous Rye from Utah, and Russels Reserve Rye from Kentucky. The price for this will be $25.
– Interested in something a little late night? Want to try to get a second event in after the first wave this evening? Check out American Ice Company’s Meet Your Local Brewers and Brews event. Meet folks from DC Brau, 3 Stars, and Port City Brewing Company. Beers from each brewery will be on special for the evening.
Like I said earlier, there’s plenty of other events for tonight. Get on over to the events page and check out the rest of the specials, events, tasting, meet-ups, tweet-ups, dinners, and fun times!