SCION to host three events in fifteen days! Outstanding Beer and Food pairings! Beer Celebrities!
As we previewed yesterday, Scion will soon start a slate of events featuring brewery owners, beer tastings, and limited release beers for three Wednesdays in a row. So, without further adieu, here are the details you’re looking for…
May 18 – Sierra Nevada Rare Beer Dinner: Okay, okay. We already broke the news on this one. We’ll save you the sardonic humor and chapeau and just remind you of the details:
- When: Wednesday, May 18, 7pm
- What: Five courses. Five Beers. Full menu here.
1. Charlie, Fred, and Ken’s Bock (Imperial Helles Lager)
2. Jack and Ken’s Ale (American Barleywine)
3. Ovila Abbey Dubbel (Dubbel)
4. Our Brewer’s Reserve: Oak Aged Ale (American Strong Ale)
5. Fritz and Ken’s Ale (Imperial Stout)
- PLUS: Scion will give away 2 tickets to SAVOR!
May 25 – Great Lakes Seasonal Blowout: Ohioans, activate! The Greatness that is Great Lakes Brewing Company will have a full slate of their seasonals on, and we actually think they might last longer than 45 minutes this time. Yes, this includes Christmas Ale. We are told that Scion has more than the usual one keg, so pace yourself. They’ll also have some tasty grub paired with the beers.
- When: Wednesday, May 25, 5pm until the kegs are kicked
- What: Six Great Lakes brews – 4 seasonals and 2 regulars:
- Christmas Ale (Winter Warmer)
- The Dopplerock (Dopplebock)
- Lake Erie Monster (Imperial IPA)
- Holy Moses White Ale (Witbier)
- Eliot Ness (Amber Lager)
- Commodore Perry (IPA)
- No cover charge. Pay for what you drink.
June 1 – Battle of the Brews: Allagash vs. Uinta: Each brewery will be pouring multiple rare offerings in addition to their flagship beers to warm up for the weekend’s SAVOR events. Oh, and did we mention that Rob Tod (owner of Allagash), Will Hamill and Steve Kuftine (owners of Uinta), and Susan Greene (Global Brewers Guild) will be there? Your ticket buys you unlimited samples while they last. Scion and the breweries will have kegs set up throughout the restaurant pouring 3-4 oz samples of each beer. The competition is friendly, the beer will be serious, and the beer celebrities are legitimate.
- When: Wednesday, June 1, 5:00pm-7:30pm
- What: 4 on 4 match-up, plus more beers yet to be announced:
- White (Witbier)
- Bourbon Black (Belgian Stout)
- Big Little Beer (Belgian Pale Ale)
- Vrienden (American Wild Ale)
- Wyld (Organic Pale Ale)
- Sum’r (Summer Ale)
- Dubhe (Imperial Black IPA)
- Detour (Imperial IPA)
- Tickets: $25, all inclusive and unlimited samples. These will go quick.
CALL THE BELOW NUMBER FOR TICKETS
2100 P Street NW