For now, though, what’s so special is that Premium Distributors of DC and The Craft Brewers Association have reached out to us to host a special logo design contest for SAVOR Beer Week. We’re thrilled to be a part of this great contest that supports both local artists and craft beer.
DCBEER.COM is pleased to announce and be a part of something that will make a mark (puns abound!) that will be special for years to come. SAVOR, which has come to be known as a premier national beer event, is held each year right here in Washington, D.C. This year’s SAVOR will not only feature two nights of awesome beer (June 3-4) at the National Building Museum, but it will also cap a full week of events in our area, more on that later. For now, though, what’s so special is that Premium Distributors of DC and the Brewers Association has reached out to us to host a special logo design contest for SAVOR Beer Week. We’re thrilled to be a part of this great contest that supports both local artists and craft beer. For more info on SAVOR for those not artistically inclined, check out http://www.savorcraftbeer.com!
The winner of this contest will receive two free tickets to SAVOR 2011 and the honor of having their logo be the official logo for SAVOR Beer Week DC for years to come. This logo will be used on all official event posters, advertisements, stickers, and other items created for the week’s events.
The rules are simple, but it is important that you follow all of them.
1. Submissions are due by February 15. The winner will be announced at the end of February.
2. Below are examples of the two color schemes you are permitted to use with the logo. Click Here for High Quality .EPS files.
3. The use of the SAVOR word/logo must appear as is (same color with background and service mark (SM)) with Beer Week DC below the mark. e.g.:
BEER WEEK DC
4. The words “Beer Week DC “under SAVOR must be in a different type treatment than the SAVOR font,
5. The artist may add pictures and designs surrounding the words. These images can be next to or above the SAVOR mark. Any picture aspect that is covering some of the SAVOR logo may or may not be approved by the Brewers Association. This is a risk artists may take if they choose, but the final design may need to be altered for this reason. The less that pictures touch or alter the SAVOR logo, the easier it will be to get it approved in the end.
6. The ideal logo will be easily used for multiple years of SAVOR Beer Week DC rather than needing a new logo next year.
7. Logo should incorporate DC and beer culture into the logo.
8. Do not use any existing beer brand logos or trademark items incorporated into the logo.
That should cover it. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email your submissions, by February 15, to email@example.com
Best of luck to all entrants! Be creative and come up with a great SAVOR Beer Week DC logo that will represent our great area beer craft beer community! Cheers!