It’s great to see fellow beer bloggers getting out into the meat-space and hosting beer tasting events in real life. Orr Shtuhl, of BeerSpotter fame, is teaming up Chef Teddy Folkman (you know, the guy who beat Booby Flay!) at Dr. Granville Moore’s to host a Spring-themed beer dinner. $65 will get you five courses and six beer pairings. Some of the beers on the list are the first time anyone will get to taste them in this town. If you haven’t heard Orr wax eloquent on beer you are in for a treat, the guy can speak more intelligently about beer, beer tasting, and all matters in between than most accepted ‘experts’ on the subject.
Call Granville Moore’s to make your reservation, 202-399-2546. The event is Tuesday April 27 Tuesday May 4, starting at 7!
Beer Menu (and food):
- New Ommegang Belgian-Style Pale Ale at the 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm Happy Hour
- Mystery Farmhouse ale TBD with Duck Three-Way Terrine
- Victory Hop Devil (and a surprise) with Bison Tenderloin Tartar with Six-Month American Boucheron
- Rogue Chipotle Ale with Red Gazpacho with Crispy Skinned Snapper
- Anchor Porter with “Bangers and Mash,” Quail Sausage and Gruyere Mashed Potatoes
- Allagash Four with Mixed Berry Shortcake, Cocoa Whipped Cream, Allagash Caramel
A note from Orr:
Hi everyone, the Spring Beer Dinner with the Beerspotter at Granville Moore’s has been POSTPONED one week to Tuesday, May 4. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience. If you have already made your reservation, you will receive $10 off if you can come on the new date.
Of course, this means you have more time to get your tickets. Hope you can make it!
Washington City Paper
You heard the man, if you bought tickets and you come to the new dated event you get $10 back! That’s at least the price of a Belgian beer!